I was installing Netapp VSC 2.0 (Virtual Storage Console) on my vCenter server, while installing it asked me to uninstall the old version of VSC and RCU from the vCenter server. I went to the control panel and uninstall the program manually. After uninstalling VSC, I found that the plug-in is not removed. (vSphere client-manage plug-in) see the snapshot below
I dont know why its not removed, I found a way to remove the plug-in through Managed object browser.
1) Go to the browser and type the address of your vCenter server like below and it will open the mob window for you. Once the window is open , on the properties table click on the content
( Click on the content link)
2) Next window on the properties table click on the Extension Manager
3) On the next screen , properties table, check for the netapp extension (com.netapp.exoforce)
4) Click on the extension list and look at the properties table and copy the key string ( com.netapp.exoforce)
5) Once copied the string , go back on the browser window(previous page) and look for unregister Extension on the Methods table.
6) On the next screen , paste the copied string and click invoke Method , you will get the status as " Method Invocation Result: void ".
7) Thats it , close the window and log into vSphere Client. If you already logged in , log out and log back
The plug-in is removed and now you can proceed to install the VSC 2.0. This not a mandatory for installing VSC 2.0, but I like the plug-in manager to look clean. that's why..